Location: Work from Home : Kalamazoo
Technical Consultant (telecommute)
To provide a value-added service to the customer (internal/external) by analyzing their requirements and customizing applications, using market specific knowledge.
Major responsibilities of this position:
- Works as part of a project implementation team to conduct business analysis to deliver products with focus on property appraisal and/or property tax software. This includes the ability to perform numerous tasks required to move the project from inception (contract transition) to completion (support transition).
- Has product knowledge and knows the business operations and systems to consult with internal and external customers.
- Leads data mapping exercises with customers and implementation engineering teams to translate data from source system into standard import table layouts.
- Works with implementation engineering to ensure data is imported correctly. Provides quality assurance for imported data using validation scripts and regression testing.
- Leads functional workshops to fit customer requirements to existing product functionality. Identifies areas of needed configuration, application change or customer business process change.
- Documents and presents functional requirements to customers and solicits feedback.
- Customizes and configures applications to agreed specifications or provides recommendations for this.
- Designs, develops and documents workbooks, spreadsheets and associated deliverables within forecast time-scales and budgets agreed with customers.
- Supports other team members with analytic activities, including assisting with the development and execution of test plans.
- Provides market or business information from the field to appropriate Marketing and Product Management groups to assist product development.
- Trains end users and customer development staff in the functionality of products, participating in the development of training and eLearning tools.
- Provide on-site and/or telephone support (e.g. customer inquiries, requests for ad hoc reporting assistance, miscellaneous research, advice on analytic methods) and training to customer.
We are the leading source of intelligent information for the world’s businesses and professionals, providing customers with competitive advantage. Intelligent information is a unique synthesis of human intelligence, industry expertise and innovative technology that provides decision-makers with the knowledge to act, enabling them to make better decisions faster. We deliver this must-have insight to the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, intellectual property and science and media markets, powered by the world’s most trusted news organization.
- Bachelor degree in computer or business related field or a minimum of three years telephone support management or combination thereof
- Assessment or Government Tax experience or knowledge, preferred
- Sound consulting skills
- Sound analytical, problem management and troubleshooting skills
- Analysis and data modeling skills
- Ability to work with virtual teams to successfully deliver projects
- Sound understanding of project management principles
- Excellent Verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with various internal and external teams – good client facing and telephone skills
- Risk Management
- Database and networking knowledge
- Extensive business travel is required with frequency determined at the supervisor’s discretion
- May require extended work schedules, tight deadlines and conflicting priorities
- Must be able to work in a variety of social, cultural, legal, and political environments
- Sound SQL Server and T-SQL experience
We believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 60,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Making this happen is a dynamic, evolving process, and we count on each employee to be a catalyst in driving our performance – and their own.
As a global business, we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in all our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
Job: Professional & Consulting Services Family Group
Primary Location: Portage, MI, US
Other Locations: California,United States of America
Organization: Tax&Acctg Government
Education Level: Associate’s Degree/College Diploma (±13 years)
Job Type: Standard
Shift: Day Job
Travel: Yes, 50 % of the Time
Nearest Major Market: Kalamazoo
Job Segments: Consulting, Consultant, Engineer, Risk Management, Contract, Technology, Engineering, Finance
Location: Portage, MI, US
Title:Technical Consultant (telecommute)
Technical Consultant (telecommute)
How To Apply For This Work At Home Job
For full contact details, click this link to visit the site where this ad originally appeared: /thomsonreuters.com/
If the ad is no longer available, or the position has been filled, please submit your comment below so we can update this listing accordingly. Please assist your fellow job seekers by helping us keep this database up to date and accurate.