Location: Work from home
[Company] is an innovative leader in the health and well-being industry, serving more than 55 million Americans. Through our family of companies, we contribute outstanding clinical insight with consumer-friendly services and advanced technology to help people achieve optimal health.
The Health Coach Specialist is responsible for delivering prevention/lifestyle intervention services focusing on nutrition, physical activity, weight management and reduction of risk for chronic disease using behavior modification and coaching techniques via one-on-one telephonic counseling to high and moderate risk clientele.
- Be able to assist clients in creating a health Vision and SMART goals for their Health & Wellness program
- Document per standards set in the goals, interventions and outcomes in the CarePlanner database.
- Participate in weekly meetings and monthly in-service trainings.
- Create and present Teleseminars to clientele
- Demonstrate an ability to deliver effective telephonic coaching in a manner that promotes behavior change.
- Appropriately adapt telephonic coaching and education methods to accommodate the unique physical, psychosocial, cultural, age-specific needs of each clientele served.
- Maintain and report accurate, timely and appropriate outcomes data in the CarePlanner database.
- Maintain availability for coaching in Microsoft Outlook Calendar.
- Demonstrate established customer service behaviors and standards. Treat all clients with courtesy, dignity, respect and professionalism.
**Position requires some evening and/or weekend hours. This is a Monday – Thursday work schedule (4, 10 hour days). Must be able to work evening hours until 9:00 PM or 10:00 PM Central; two to three times/shifts a week. **
[Company] is part of the family of companies that make [Company] one of the leaders across most major segments of the US health care system.
When you work with [Company], what you do matters. It’s that simple…and it’s that challenging.
In providing consumer-oriented health benefit plans to millions of people, our goal is to create higher quality care, lower costs and greater access to health care. Join us and you will be empowered to achieve new levels of excellence and make a profound and personal impact as you contribute to new innovations in a vital and complex system.
* Bachelor’s degree required; preferably in nursing, health education, nutrition, exercise physiology or closely related field.
* Certification in a nationally recognized coaching program or must complete certification by the end of the first year of employment.
* Minimum two years of experience required in direct education and/or coaching with individuals for disease prevention, health promotion and behavior change.
* Proficient in Word, Excel, Internet & Outlook
* Must demonstrate insight into human behavior and have the ability to communicate and interact with individuals at varying levels of skill and education preparation.
* Current knowledge of disease prevention (cardiovascular and diabetes) and basic understanding of exercise principles, nutrition and weight management.
* Must stay abreast of current health promotion, disease prevention, and community development trends for proper delivery of services.
* Upbeat and compassionate personality willing to teach, learn and be open to new and innovative ways of delivering prevention lifestyle intervention services.
* Demonstrates commitment to continuing professional development
* Flexible, open to new ideas, and willing to take on new responsibilities
* Prioritizes and organizes own work to meet deadlines
* Bi-lingual in Spanish is preferred
* Telecommuting position – must be able to set up and maintain professional working environment within home office
* Must have access to high-speed Internet (provided by the company)
* Position requires some evening and/or weekend hours
* Must be able to work effectively unsupervised
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: equal opportunity employer M/F/D/V. [Company] is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment. In addition, employees in certain positions are subject to random drug testing.
How To Apply For This Work At Home Job
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED