Assistant to Exec. Director | Nonprofit Visual Arts Organization (oakland rockridge / claremont)
Assistant to the Executive Director
Nonprofit focusing on arts for social change is seeking an articulate, highly organized and professional part-time Assistant to join our small, but growing organization. Under the supervision of the Executive Director, you will provide her with day-to-day support, Monday – Friday, 9:00 – 3:00 pm. (25 hours/week). Tasks will vary and are dependant on the Executive Director’s needs. Position is primarily a telecommuting job, with occasional local travel. This is a contract position, with a potential of becoming a salaried employee at a later point.
The successful applicant will have the following qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree; preferably in Art, Art History, Business, or Museum Studies.
- Current knowledge of the contemporary art world and museums.
- Proficiency with Mac operating systems and programs such as Photoshop, Illustrator and Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Graphic design skills and html/web design knowledge.
- Ability to anticipate needs and work effectively and efficiently with minimal supervision. Must be self-motivated and highly independent.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to prioritize assignments and juggle multiple tasks simultaneously with ease, comfort and flexibility
- Detail-oriented and committed to a high level of quality and accuracy
- Strong organizational skills
- Creativity and resourcefulness
- Professionalism with the ability to handle sensitive matters with discretion and exercise sound judgment
- Applicant must live within the Bay Area, preferably within the East Bay.
Commensurate with experience. This is an entry-level position.
Please send a cover letter and resume to the email listed above. Please do not call about this position or mail application materials.
How To Apply For This Work At Home Job
THIS POSITION HAS BEEN FILLED