Location: Work from Home : Washington, DC
This is a manager-level position reporting to the Assistant Controller with primary responsibility of managing accounting staff and assisting in closing the monthly financial books.
- Assists the Controller in supervising hotel financial activities and controls including accounts receivable, auditing, payroll, income audit, budgets and forecasts
- Assists the Controller with any audits conducted by internal, external or government agencies
- Assist in preparation of the yearly budget and monthly forecasts
- Spend time with departments and assist on operational issues to drive revenues and control costs
- Prepares financial analysis of Center’s operations
- Ensure that sales and occupancy tax are collected properly and reported to the College
- Communicate goals and objectives and inspire employees to achieve those goals
- Participate in the associates’ performance appraisal process, providing feedback as needed
- Ensure disciplinary procedures and documentation are followed according to Compass’ policies
Additional tasks and responsibilities may be assigned at the discretion of the manager. Furthermore, tasks and responsibilities may be added or revised based on the volume of business and the need for the work to be completed at the present time
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- 5+ years of progressive accounting experience
- CPA strongly preferred
- Public accounting experience preferred
- Thorough understanding of general ledgers and financial statements
- MS preferred, with 7-10 years of directly related experience, including at least 3-5 years’ experience in an accounting supervisory role.
- Capable of effectively managing large amounts of data and information using data extraction software, (Hyperion and Cognos is a plus).
- Proven ability using financially integrated ERP systems
- Solid proven track record of preparing high level financial analysis.
- Skilled user of MS Excel and proficiency with Word, Outlook and PowerPoint.
Location: Washington, DC
Compensation: 100,000 to 120,000
How To Apply For This Work from Home Job
For full contact details, click this link to visit the site where this ad originally appeared: /craigslist.org/
If the ad is no longer available, or the position has been filled, please submit your comment below so we can update this listing accordingly. Please assist your fellow job seekers by helping us keep this database up to date and accurate.